reek of A （Aの）強い悪臭を放つ
- "I hate to mention it, but I'm going to reek of garlic," Lane said.
in a bustle 活気[雑踏、ざわめき]のなかに
- be attentive to the ladies 女性に対して丁重である（辞書）
- Lane sat rather slouched in his chair, smoking, his eyes narrowed attentively at Franny's face.
"As a matter of fact, that makes absolute sense," Franny said, "because in the Nembutsu sects of Buddhism, people keep saying 'Namu Amida Butsu' over and over again --and the same thing happens.
"Easy. Take it easy," Lane interrupted. "In the first place, you're going to burn your fingers any second."
let it go at that 《話》（それ以上は問題にせず）それでいいことにする
- Let it go at that. 気にするな（英辞郎）
- I mean it's so hard to just say it's absolute coincidence and then just let it go at that -- that's what's so fascinating to me.
get to …に達する；…するようになる
- "You get to see God. Something happens in some absolutely nonphysical part of the heart -- where the Hindus say that Atman resides, if you ever took any Religion -- and you see God, that's all." (p39)
- "We're lucky if we get to the game on time." (p40)
- She flicked her cigarette ash self-consciously, just missing the ashtray.
"All that stuff … I don't think you leave any margin for the most elementary psychology. I mean I think all those religious experiences have a very obvious psychological background -- you know what I mean. ...It's interesting, though. I mean you can't deny that."
look over at … …のほうを見る
- He looked over at Franny and smiled at her.
get around to … 《話》…に到着する；…する時間をみつける、（仕事に）手が回る
- "Anyway. Just in case I forgot to mention it. I love you. Did I get around to mentioning that?"
stop short （…する）までには至らない、途中で止まる《of doing, at …》
- He stopped shortof firing her. 彼女をくびにすることまではしなかった（辞書）
- But she stopped quite short at the small cocktail baar at the far end of the room.
weave よろめいて進む（※ 過去形はweaved／woveは意味が別）
- She weaved a trifle, then fainted, collapsing to the floor.